An Innovative Company With a Focus on Unique Healthcare Products

Stacks Image 4
Stacks Image 7

"Magnesium" Supplement"

Stacks Image 138

Mag-Tab®SR is used as a dietary supplement for individuals who are deficient in magnesium. Although a balanced diet usually supplies all the magnesium a person needs, magnesium supplements may be needed by patients who have lost magnesium because of illness or treatment with certain medicines.*

Magnesium is one of the major mineral nutrients in the human body. Amounting to approximately 20-28 g of magnesium, 60% is found in the bones and teeth, with the remaining 40% located in muscle tissue. Magnesium is the second-most plentiful positively charged ion found within the cells of the body, signifying its importance in the multitudes of physiologic cellular functions of the heart and muscular system.* The best dietary sources of magnesium include green leafy vegetables, nuts, peas, beans, and cereal grains in which the germ or outer layers have not been removed. Hard water has been found to contain more magnesium than soft water. A diet high in fat may cause less magnesium to be absorbed. Cooking may decrease the magnesium content of food.

Mag-Tab®SR caplets: Each caplet of Mag-Tab®SR contains 84 mg of elemental magnesium L-lactate dihydrate. Four 84 mg Mag-Tab SR caplets daily contain 336 mg of elemental magnesium and will meet the USRDA range for the average adult female and male (300-350 mg daily). Patients with kidney disease should not take magnesium supplements without the advice and direct supervision of a physician.

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.
Stacks Image 774
Magnesium Information
All the latest news and information for the magnesium supplement.